Thursday, January 29, 2009

Realize Father Ahnsahnghong and Mother Jerusalem's Love



Article:

When I visited our Church in the USA, I happened to read a framed poem hung on the wall entitled Footprints in the Sand: "One night I dreamed a dream. I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the land, one belonging to me and one to my Lord. When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma. ‘Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me.' He whispered, ‘My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.' " This poem figuratively portrays God's love. Human love is self-seeking. However, God's love is perfect and unconditional. When we are weighed down with temptations and trials, God carries us and brings us into heaven. He covers us with His feathers and protects us from all dangers. However, sometimes we fail to understand God's love and grumble against God, like the person in the above story. There is nothing to complain about. Everything happens according to the will of God to lead us into the kingdom of heaven.

James 5:7-9 『Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near. Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!』

1 Cor 10:5-12
『Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered over the desert. … And do not grumble, as some of them did?and were killed by the destroying angel. These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come. …』

Grumbling leads to judgment, and judgment brings destruction. The Bible tells us that it is a grave sin to complain and he who grumbles deserves judgment and death. Think of the Israelites who grumbled against God and against Moses and Aaron, so that they were all destroyed.
Unless we feel the hand of God who helps us in all situations, the passions of our flesh make us grumble. When we restrain the desires of the flesh and entertain the desire of the Spirit, we are able to perceive God's love with our spiritual eyes and run joyfully toward heaven.
Do we believe in God and fear Him to enhance the quality of our life on earth? Not at all. If so, Jesus would have gained worldly power when He came to this earth in the flesh. This earth is a spiritual prison?the city of refuge, not a comfortable place. Everyone carries his own cross in his or her life.
However, we are guaranteed to reap the fruits of our labor: the kingdom of heaven, eternal life, salvation, a royal priesthood, God's unfailing love, etc. Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world" (John 18:36). Keeping these words in mind, let's increase our hope for the eternal kingdom of heaven.

No comments: